Terms & conditions,
STANDARD CONDITIONS OF TRADING OF
Motorhomes and Caravans Ltd.
MOTORHOME and CARAVAN SALES
- Where the motorhome or caravan and goods (herein collectively referred to as “the goods”) to be supplied are to be ordered from the Manufacturer the Seller undertakes to assist the Purchaser in obtaining the benefit of any warranty or guarantee given by the Manufacturer in respect of the goods.
- Where the agreement is for the purchase of goods to be ordered from any Manufacturer, the Seller will use his best endeavours to deliver by such date as may be desired by the Purchaser, but he does not guarantee time of delivery, and the Seller shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by the Purchaser through any reasonable or unavoidable delay in delivery howsoever caused.
- In the event of the Manufacturer ceasing to make a motorhome or caravan of the type ordered by the Purchaser, the Seller shall return the deposit in full to the Purchaser and cancel this agreement without further liability on his part.
- Where the Seller agrees to allow part of the purchase price to be satisfied by the Purchaser delivering a used motorhome or caravan in part exchange, the used motorhome or caravan shall be delivered to and accepted by the Seller subject to the following conditions:
- that the used motorhome or caravan shall be delivered to the Seller in the same condition as described by the Purchaser at the time of the order (subject only to fair wear and tear); and
- that any quoted or estimated part exchange value for the used motorhome or caravan will only be confirmed upon physical inspection by the Seller; and
- that either (i) the used motorhome or caravan is the absolute property of the Purchaser and free from any Hire Purchase Agreement or other legal encumbrance whatsoever, or (ii) the used motorhome or caravan is the subject of a Hire Purchase or Credit Sale agreement capable of assignment by the Purchaser and of cash settlement by the Seller, and in such a case the amount of the purchase price allowed by the Seller in respect thereof shall be reduced by the amount paid in settlement by the Seller.
- In the event of a used motorhome or caravan being taken in part exchange for the goods the Seller may forthwith proceed to dispose of such used motorhome or caravan taken in part exchange. The agreed allowance in respect of such used motorhome or caravan taken in part exchange shall not necessarily be the cash price that the Seller may achieve in a subsequent sale and in the event of the used motorhome or caravan being sold prior to the delivery date of the goods and in the event either that the goods are not delivered or for some reason as stated in this contract the order is cancelled the sum to be paid by the Seller to the Purchaser in respect of the used motorhome or caravan taken in part exchange and so sold as aforesaid shall not be more than the price at which the used motorhome or caravan was sold.
- The Purchaser shall pay the Seller the balance of the purchase price of the goods before delivery. Delivery will not take place before the date indicated on the order form unless an earlier delivery date is agreed.
- The Purchaser may cancel the order within a cooling-off period of 1 day from the date of the order, and receive back in full any deposit paid. If the order is cancelled after that date, no refund of the deposit will be returnable. Cancellation must be made by email to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ by no later than 17:00 on the following day.
- If the Purchaser shall fail unlawfully to take delivery of the goods or to perform any essential obligations under this agreement, the Seller shall be at liberty to treat the agreement as repudiated and thereupon:
- The deposit shall be forfeited. Unless specifically detailed in writing on the order, the Purchaser’s liability will not exceed the full value of the deposit.
- The Seller shall be entitled to dispose of the goods as he may think fit and shall not be under any liability to account to the Purchaser for the price received thereto.
- Any notice to be given under this agreement shall be deemed to have been duly served if sent by Recorded Delivery to the Purchaser’s last known address in the Seller’s possession and subsequently recorded as having been delivered.
- The terms of this agreement do not affect and cannot exclude any of the Purchaser’s statutory rights as a consumer. For more information on these statutory rights contact a local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizens Advice Bureau.
The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is affected and outlines the respective rights and obligations of the users, the website and its owners. The way in which this website processes, stores and protects personal data is also detailed within this policy.
Please read this carefully to get a clear understanding of how we collect, use and protect your personal data.
The policy has been updated to bring it in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) to ensure the protection of personal data and digital privacy.
What personal information do we collect?
As a result of you using our site and booking or registering with us, we obtain, hold and process certain personal information about you. The types of personal information we collect may include:
- your name
- your phone number
- your email address
- your address
- your purchase history
You can make a request to view information we have collected about you by emailing: email@example.com
How do we use your information?
- To allow us to respond to your customer service requests.
- To process your transactions quickly.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products.
- To follow up with you concerning live chat, email or phone enquiries.
- To contact you to discuss and further your purchases.
- To monitor or record telephone conversations with you to ensure consistent service levels, to prevent or detect fraud and for training purposes.
- To notify you about enhancements to our services such as new services, features and special offers.
- To register you for and send you newsletters
To conduct market research and business development
From time to time we may send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you might find interesting using the email address which you have provided. It is possible we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests. Should we send your information to a third party we will ensure you are aware of where we have sent your details and have also had the opportunity to read the third parties privacy notice. Details supplied by you to enter a competition are used by Motorhomes & Caravans Ltd and may be shared with a third party.
On occasion we might use your personal contact details to let you know more about our services and special offers associated with them. These email messages will allow us to monitor whether you have received and were able to open the message. We will only contact you with prior consent.
You may opt out of receiving such marketing email messages at any time, free of charge, clicking on to the message with “unsubscribe” in the subject line, or by following the instructions in any marketing communication.
Email marketing campaigns published by this website or its owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the subscriber with more relevant content based around their activity.
In compliance with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 subscribers are given the opportunity to unsubscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated unsubscription system is unavailable clear instructions on how to unsubscribe will be detailed instead.
How do we protect you and your personal information?
We protect your information in the following ways:
- We only request information which we need.
- We always try to keep your information up to date and accurate.
- We will remove any information which we hold about you which is no longer relevant.
- We will protect your data against unauthorised use.
- Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We use regular malware scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of people who have special access rights to such systems and who are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We implement a variety of security measures when you register with us or use our site to maintain the safety of your personal information. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
You may also wish to take steps within your own web browser’s security settings to block all cookies from this website and its commercial partners.
Other cookies may be stored to your computer’s hard drive by third parties when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
Retention of data
We will keep your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. You have the right to see personal information which is held about you or your company upon written request. Please make a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your data will be held for up to 36 months, before being deleted.
By completing any of our online forms, or by placing a booking you are consenting to the collection, processing and use of this information by Motorhomes and Caravans Ltd.
The policy has been updated on the 09.05.2018 to bring it in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) to ensure the protection of personal data and digital privacy.